Visit our Resources page for links to additional assistance programs and websites.
Guidelines for Financial Assistance
- A diabetic individual requiring a gift of financial assistance which will facilitate the quality of life for the individual and their family.
- A gift must directly benefit the individual by assisting with medical expenses and daily living expenses, as they need to keep their daily life as normal as possible.
- Financial assistance provided by Dear Diabetes is made possible because of generous donors. It is important that these funds be available for families and individuals experiencing the greatest financial need. There is no income limit but we want to help those in the greatest of need that are unable to do so on their own. Each application is looked at individually.
- Preferential consideration is given to applicants residing in the Omaha area.
- All sections of the application must be completed thoroughly and accurately in order for Dear Diabetes to review the request. Failure to provide complete and truthful information is a basis for denial.
- Financial assistance is not guaranteed and is subject to the availability of funds. Awards are made at our annual fund raiser held in September. If you have a need prior to the fund raiser, please visit our website for additional resources in the Omaha area. We have partners who are willing to assist you and your family with your financial needs.
- All financial applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Funds will be payable to the organizations you owe so as not to impact your taxable income. Consideration will be given based on taxable income, your medical burden, and the number of family members in the household.
- The information you provide to us will be held in confidence and used only in appropriate ways consistent with the reasons for which it was provided.
To apply for financial assistance, please complete the application form below or Click here to email us.